Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tender Mercies!

While visiting an AWESOME ward last week, I had the opportunity to participate in an amazing lesson on The Lord's tender mercies. I have been thinking about this for the past week and I am so thankful for such a loving Heavenly Father! Here are a few of my favorite tender mercies from Him.

**Dan. I love him so much, he is such a perfect match for me. He is so kind and forgiving, he has a wacky sense of humor, and most of all: he has saved me from a life of misery and woe! Had he not entered my life, or had he not been patient with me in the beginning, I would not be this happy. He works so hard to provide so much. He truly was one of the best tender mercies sent my way!

**My children. They teach me so much about myself and about how to become a better person. Each one is so special and unique and sent specifically to me for a reason.

**My education. I never believed I would have been accepted into the U of U School of Social Work and how grateful that I was. I am such a better person for my education there. I have been rewarded in so many different ways...I have helped people, I have helped myself, and I have helped my family and friends. I never thought I had many special talents but the skills I developed are perhaps the strongest part of what makes my great!

**My friends. Thank you so much! I have such feelings of inferiority at times and I truly appreciate those friends who not only stuck by me (especially when I can be grouchy) but also have taught me that I do have special things to offer in a friendship. The Lord has sent me a great deal many of you to help me feel better about myself!

**The greatest tender mercy: The Atonement. Thank you. For everything!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do have mad skillz in being a friend and social worker! You have given me great advice, and have been there for me in my every hour of need. Thanks for being my friend, and babysitter! Without you, Paul and I wouldn't be able to go to our bi-weekly visits! You have saved us...