Monday, June 30, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
So, Grayson had been tagged by Savannah awhile ago and I figure it is time to give some attention to Alora! Here are seven fun facts about Alora:
- Alora loves to dress up in pretty dresses. Yeah for mom! Everytime she wears a pretty dress she will say, "Oh, Princess!"
- Alora was born the day after her Great Grandpa Baker and on her original due date.
- She currently hates me doing her hair, but doesn't mind if she puts in her own headband.
- Her favorite thing to drink is chocolate milk. She only eats dairy products and fruit. I don't think this is a fun fact, though. It is frustrating!
- Alora idolizes Grayson. She copies everything he does.
- Her favorite song is, "The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock." She also really enjoys "I Am A Child of God," "Once There Was a Snowman," and "Violin" by They Might Be Giants.
- She gets mad if you tell her she isn't funny. She will yell, "I Funny!!!" at you. She has realized over the past few weeks that we are teasing her and doesn't yell as often as she used to. It was funny, though!
Her are some photos of her and her recent hair cut. I couldn't stand how scraggly it was looking, especially since she won't leave her hair up when I do it. This cut is fantastic because she doesn't look like a ragmuffin all the time!
Last weekend was the celebration of my grandparent's 50th anniversary. My mom and aunts put in so much work for the weekend, it turned out fabulous! My grandparents were very touched...and a lot of fun! Dan and I will be 71 if we both live to our 50th. Holy Cow! I think we can make it!!!!
Here we all are...the whole kit and kaboodle of the Baker Clan. I will post some more cute candids from this event and prego pictures in the next blog.
Monday, June 23, 2008
- Keep up with this blog!
- Clean one thing in my house each day. This will break everything up so I will actually get things done instead of getting so far behind that I feel helpless. It is all ready going very well. I just finished dusting!!!
- Work on my scrapbooks a little each day. This is a bit of a big goal and so far I have not been able to keep up with it. I have done something at least twice a week, however. I figure the main goal here is just to catch up (I am now working on Grayson's infant pics!) and then to stay caught up.
- Read my scriptures each day. Focus more on my Savior. I have such a horrid tendency to get going in life without thinking of Him. How are my children supposed to learn from that?!?
- Excercise each day for at least 20 minutes, yes, even now when I am the size of a blue whale. I went to Liberty Park and we walked for about 30 minutes. Go me!! I would love to get into my preGrayson pants. But wouldn't we all? I really need to just focus on being healthy and being happy with wherever that takes me.
That should do her! I know these are lofty goals but I figure that if I get started right now that I can do this. When these become more of a habit, I might throw in some journal writing too!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Sunday, June 8, 2008
I figured it out! Thanks a million, Evonne. Here is the video clip that I wanted to download earlier of Grayson and Alora dancing to their favorite song, "No!" by They Might Be Giants. They really are a fantastic group for children. Grayson and Alora go nuts whenever they hear a TMGB song!!!
Friday, June 6, 2008