Sunday, July 6, 2008

Here we go again!

As Baby Aiden's arrival draws closer, I just thought I would take a minute to jot down the things I am super excited for and those that I really wish did not accompany child birth!!!
Top Ten Things I Love About Infants!
  1. The first sighting! There is such a strong spirit in the labor room when that infant finally comes. I have never felt so close to my Heavenly Father as when I delivered Grayson and Alora. I look forward to having a similar moment again.
  2. Baby skin. Is there anything better than the first touch of an infant on your bare skin? There is just a tiny rush of emotion that comes over me when I feel that soft skin!
  3. Dress up time. I sure love dressing up babies. Of course it does get a little old after the tenth time in a day because of blow outs.....that would be on the other list though!
  4. Having a child who doesn't yell, "NO!!" at you and throw herself on the ground. (Guess what is happening right now....)
  5. Baby bath time.
  6. Watching them grow and learn. Each developmental stage is so unique and amazing. I especially love when they start to figure out that they can control their limbs.
  7. Baby smell. Isn't funny how something that really stinks a LOT can also smell so good?
  8. Nap time. Nothing can ever take this off the list.
  9. Kissing the little dear.
  10. Baby talk. I love being able to coo and speak in the age old language of babyese.

Top Ten Things I Do NOT Look Forward To......

  1. Lots of diaper changes.
  2. Getting up in the middle of the night. More than once. Yuck
  3. Feeling like I accomplished something great when I get into the shower.
  4. Baby spit up.
  5. Excema. It stinks when your little one has it. I am betting that Aiden will have it.
  6. Taking care of the umbilical cord. I always get a little nervous about this.
  7. Taking care of the circumcision. Poor boys!!!
  8. Watching Grayson and Alora's behaviors go to pot. Hopefully this won't happen....
  9. Losing the baby weight. No more excuses for being a whale. I have about 40 pounds to go. Yikes.
  10. Where did the time go? Though you accomplish nothing in the day it seems to go by so fast!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you to have baby Aiden! Good top 10 reason! =)

Irene said...

Thanks Amber for being so cute and real!!! I love your top ten good and bad lists. There are so many great things about having a baby but also a lot of frustrations. I feel for you, it is really hard dealing with no sleep. Good luck, and if you need some sanity you can always send the kids my way!!

Amber! said...

I think it is sad how we are never told that there are HARD things about having children! Infants can be hard. I remember being angry at Grayson for not sleeping one night and feeling so guilty about it. Best to be honest with myself!

The Biggs Family said...

Your list is so real! I'm nodding my head and laughing on each one! Yes, it is kind of sad how people may not tell there are "hardwork" with sweetness of newborn. I guess we are suposed to remember sweeter stuff than hardship so it is worth of sacrfice ourselves for greater joy. Once when I was @ grocery store with Skyler fussing, one old lady came and said, "Just take a deep breath and just enjoy him needing you. You'll miss it." It was something for me to think about... But hey, if you need time for you, please know that your children are welcome at my house! -Satomi