Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Flashback Wed.

Dan and I were watching a commercial two nights ago that featured some ugly kids. Dan remarked how ugly the kiddos were. Now, I am very aware of the fact that I was an ugly kid. I am okay with this as I believe I grew out it! I (as a joke.....) replied, I am a great example of an ugly kid turning out okay. Feeling a hubby need to make me feel better about myself (a need that wasn't really there, by the way. Remember, I am okay with this.) he responds, "You weren't an ugly kid, just a poor looking kid." Ahhh. Isn't he sweet?
Here is a picture of my favorite outfit at the time. It was so funky that one of my guy friends from that time (Josh Kirby for those of you who were in this time frame) remembered it after we had graduated from college!!!!!! There was a cute little faux leather black mini skirt that went with it. The eighties were bad to me! :)

7 comments:

Nicole said...

The 80's were bad to all of us!!

Amber! said...

They really were. What a sad decade. At least we have the bright shiny moments from John Hughes!!!

foreveryoung said...

Ha, ha! I can laugh only because I bet I can dig up pictures that would put yours to shame! Do you recall the matching red fros that Janessa and I wore??

Amber! said...

I had forgotten about the red fros! And it is special because you matched your sis!!!

Suzie said...

Those glasses are HOT! (I had some just like them)

Janessa said...

There was nothing special about the red fros. They were hidious! Why didn't anybody tell us we looked rediculous? Oh wait all those mean boys at school did. Ha, ha, ha! It's great that we all survived puberty and live to laugh about it.

Amber! said...

It is good that I can laugh at my old childhood pics. The most important thing is that I SWEAR to protect my kiddos from this torture!!!